2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup (now Monster Energy) champion, Kevin Harvick, won eight races in 2018, and was consistent in 2019, but was still looking to get his first win since Texas of last season.
Kevin Harvick in the 4 Busch Beer/National Forest Foundation Ford Mustang for Stewart Haas Racing has won the Foxwoods Resort 301 at New Hampshire Motorspeedway. This is Harvick’s first win of the season, fourth at New Hampshire, led 41 laps, and got his 46th win of his career.
Even though Harvick would win, his teammates finished outside the top 10. Aric Almirola in the 10 Smithfield Ford Mustang led 12 laps,win stage two and finish 11th. Daniel Suarez made contact spinning him and rookie Daniel Hemric out. Suarez would finish 19th in the 41 Haas Ford. Clint Bowyer in the 14 Toco Warranty/Haas CNC Ford wrecked during the race as him and Martin Truex Jr made contact. Bowyer would rally back finishing 20th.
Joe Gibbs Racing had the most dominant cars of the day. Denny Hamlin in the 11 FedEx Express Toyota Camry led 113 laps, and tried to get to Harvick’s bumper, but would not catch him, finishing second. Erik Jones moved up in the standings again as the 20 Stanley Toyota finished third leading four laps. Martin Truex Jr finished sixth in the 19 SiriusXM Toyota, and Kyle Busch in the 18 Interstate Batteries Toyota led a high 118 laps winning stage one, but would settle for eighth.
Team Penske had their cars finish in the top 10. Ryan Blaney finished fourth in the 12 Sylvania/Menards Ford, Joey Logano led a lap finishing ninth in the 22 AAA Insurance Ford, and Busch pole winner, Brad Keselowski, led 12 laps and finished 10th in the 2 Alliance Trucks Parts Ford.
Matt DiBenedetto also had a strong performance all week for the small Leavine Family Racing team. DiBenedetto in the 95 Procore Toyota Camry qualified seventh and would finish fifth.
The next race is the Gander RV 400 at Pocono Speedway on Sunday, July 28th at 3:00pm on NBCSN. We will see if defending winner Kyle Busch will sweep the July Pocono race two years in a row.
- Kevin Harvick 4 Busch Beer/National Forest Foundation Ford Mustang Stewart-Haas Racing
- Denny Hamlin 11 FedEx Express Toyota Camry Joe Gibbs Racing
- Erik Jones 20 Stanley Toyota Camry Joe Gibbs Racing
- Ryan Blaney 12 Sylvania/Menards Ford Mustang Team Penske
- Matt DiBenedetto 95 Procore Construction Software Toyota Camry Leavine Family Racing
- Martin Truex Jr. 19 SiriusXM Toyota Camry Joe Gibbs Racing
- Ryan Newman 6 Oscar-Mayer/Velveeta Ford Mustang Roush-Fenway Racing
- Kyle Busch 18 Interstate Batteries Toyota Camry Joe Gibbs Racing
- Joey Logano 22 AAA Insurance Ford Mustang Team Penske
- Brad Keselowski 2 Alliance Truck Parts Ford Mustang Team Penske
- Aric Almirola 10 Smithfield Ford Mustang Stewart-Haas Racing
- William Byron 24 Liberty University Chevrolet Camaro Hendrick Motorsports
- Paul Menard 21 Ford/Motorcraft/Quick Lane Tire & Auto Center Ford Mustang Wood Brothers Racing
- Alex Bowman 88 Axalta Chevrolet Camaro Hendrick Motorsports
- Chris Buescher 37 Scott Comfort Plus/Kroger Chevrolet Camaro JTG-Daugherty Racing
- Ty Dillon 13 GEICO Military Chevrolet Camaro Germain Racing
- Michael McDowell 34 Dockside Logistics Ford Mustang Front Row Motorsports
- Kurt Busch 1 Monster Energy Chevrolet Camaro Chip Ganassi Racing
- Daniel Suárez 41 Haas Ford Mustang Stewart-Haas Racing
- Clint Bowyer 14 Toco Warranty/Haas CNC Ford Mustang Stewart-Haas Racing
- Ryan Preece (R) 47 Kroger Chevrolet Camaro JTG-Daugherty Racing
- Bubba Wallace 43 Victory Junction Chevrolet Camaro Richard Petty Motorsports
- Corey LaJoie 32 Weir’s Motor Sales/Adirondack Tree Surgeons Ford Mustang Go Fas Racing
- Matt Tifft (R) 36 Crab Delights Ford Mustang Front Row Motorsports
- Ross Chastain 15 YVARSBradning.com Chevrolet Camaro Premium Motorsports
- Landon Cassill 00 StarCom Fiber Chevrolet Camaro StarCom Racing
- Reed Sorenson 27 VIPRacingExperience.com Chevrolet Camaro Premium Motorsports
- Andy Seuss (R) 51 Jacob Companies Ford Mustang Rick Ware Racing
- Chase Elliott 9 Kelley Blue Book Chevrolet Camaro Hendrick Motorsports
- Jimmie Johnson 48 Ally Chevrolet Camaro Hendrick Motorsports
- Quin Houff (R) 77 #MyTrackMyRoots Chevrolet Camaro Spire Motorsports
- Austin Dillon 3 Behr Ultra Chevrolet Camaro Richard Childress Racing
- Kyle Larson 42 Ronald McDonald House Charities Chevrolet Camaro Chip Ganassi Racing
- David Ragan 38 Compressor World Ford Mustang Front Row Motorsports
- Austin Theriault (R) 52 Bangor Savings Bank Chevrolet Camaro Rick Ware Racing
- Ricky Stenhouse Jr. 17 Fastenal Ford Mustang Roush-Fenway Racing
- Daniel Hemric (R) 8 Okuma Chevrolet Camaro Richard Childress Racing
Ian O’Brien is a Contributor for the Unwrapped Sports Network website. Follow him @Ianthekicker41 on Twitter.